Ryan Stoltz, Ethan MacLean, Professional Brian Wise & Nolan Phoenix
(Glacier Greens Golf Course)
2019 Jack McLaughlin Memorial PGA of BC Pro-Junior Champions
Jeff Palmer, Executive Professional
Warren Reeves, Head Professional
July 12th, 2019
$9,000 Amateur Prizing
*based on a full field
PDP POINTS AVAILABLE
Golf Casual See here for detailed description.
The Jack McLaughlin Memorial PGA of BC Pro-Junior Championship is an 18-hole Two-Net Best-Ball Event.
Maximum handicap factor for Female Competitors - 40.4
Maximum handicap factor for Male Competitors - 36.4
*Scoring will be based off of 80% of converted course handicap
Caddies for this event will not be permitted. Spectators are welcome to attend and follow groups so long as they do not interfere with the course of play. Power Carts will not be permitted for players or spectators (motorized pull/push carts will be permitted). It is important to note that all patrons arriving at Highland Pacific must abide by the Club’s guest policies, including dress code and cell phone policies (no denim, cargo shorts, silent cell phone communication only, etc.).
COURSE SLOPE & RATING
DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES
In this competition, a player may obtain distance information by use of a distance-measuring device. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his/her play (e.g. elevation changes, wind speed, etc.) the player is in breach of Rule 14-3. First breach of Rule 14-3 is a two stroke penalty, any subsequent breach is disqualification.
Complimentary Practice rounds will be available the Sunday before the event after 11:00 a.m. and can be booked by contacting Head Professional Warren Reeves.
REGISTRATION & SCORING AREA
Upon arrival please proceed to registration. At this time, please hand in any unsubmitted Waivers and pick up tee gift from our presenting sponsor COBRA PUMA Golf Canada. Immediately upon your return to the Clubhouse, please hand in your scorecard at the designated scoring area. It is imporant to note that you are only responsible for marking GROSS scores on the scorecard. Our scoring system will determine the proper NET scores.
The use of power carts is NOT PERMITTED at the Pro-Junior Championship. Medical exemptions ONLY
Attendance is required until the awards presentation has concluded.
The PGA of BC has again implemented a raffle program this year to benefit teams attending the Pro-Junior Championship. Teams can indicate at the time of registration if they are interested in participating in the Pro-Junior Raffle. Those requesting raffle tickets will be mailed 40 tickets, priced at $20 each, that they may to sell to their members & guests. Purchased tickets are entered into a draw for a selection of premier golf prizes. All proceeds are kept by the selling team to put towards their Pro-Junior Championship experience.
Please note that all tickets stubs, whether sold or unsold, must be returned the PGA of BC office by Friday, Aug. 9 (Regular Canada Post mail can take upwards of 7 business days to deliver). Ideally, the tickets will be sold in advance and stubs returned to the administration team at Event Registration. If a team’s ticket stubs are not received, they will be ineligible for this program in future. Please direct any questions to Executive Director Donald Miyazaki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSIDIZED FERRY TRAVEL
Teams requiring ferry travel to compete in the Jack McLaughlin Memorial PGA of BC Pro-Junior Championship presented by COBRA PUMA Golf Canada are welcome to apply for passenger vouchers through the BC Ferries Sport Experience Program administered by viaSport British Columbia.
As this event is recognized as a provincial championship, participating junior athletes and their Golf Professional are each eligible for up to two one-way passenger vouchers for subsidized travel to and from the tournament.
Applications for vouchers must be made a minimum of 12 business days in advance of the first day of travel.
Only one application for vouchers should be submitted per golf facility, regardless of the number of teams representing that facility. Vouchers awarded through the program will be delivered by email and must be printed in advance for presentation at the ticket window; they will not be accepted if presented on an electronic device.
Please visit https://www.viasport.ca/grant/bc-ferries-sport-experience-program for full details on the BC Ferries Sport Experience Program, and to submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” on the right side of the page.
Should you have any questions about the program or specific info to include on your application form, please contact PGA of BC Communications & Marketing Manager Eric MacKenzie at email@example.com.
Phone (604) 273-3311
- Highland Pacific (Callum Ashby, Kieran Dunning,Tanner Pemberton, Trista Stevens)
- Olympic View (Brad Liptrot, Cole Mahovlich, William Kral, Ryan Scoville)
- Cordova Bay (Jim Goddard, Johnny Potts, Bobby Klobber, Tony Lema)
- Cordova Bay (Jason Geisbrecht, Bobby Nicols, George Phooie, Alejandro Bonificio)
- Nanaimo Golf Club (Chris Martens, Eli Greene, Sasha Farenholtz, Kirit Lalh)
- Pacific Golf Academy (Richard Choi, Jack Jin, Elise Liu, Matthew Cui)
- Mountain View Golf Club (Vince Trama, Aimery Barrault, Kyle Bierlmeier, Ethan Candow)
- Salmon Arm Golf Club (Jesse Crowe, DJ Crowe, Ben Harrington, Nick Barbossa)
- The Vancouver Golf Club (Mike Heenan, TBA, TBA, TBA)
- Chilliwack Golf Club (Jennifer Greggain, Isaac Janzen, Maxim McKenzie, Sarah Armstrong)
- Richmond Country Club (Robbie Woods, Max Osten, Sang Kang, Michael Yurkowich)
- Richmond Country Club (Doug Morgan, Gavin Cameron, Holt McFie, Nathan Kajdan)
- Bear Mountain Resort Community (Cailean Hourigan, Arav Pabla, Yuvraj Pabla, Bentley Hoogerdyk)
- Point Grey Golf & Country Club (Stephanie Wong, Emil Liddell, Katherine Hao, Evan Lalonde)
- Point Grey Golf & Country Club (Clark MacPherson, Jacob Yiu, Markus Yiu, Cam Lyman)
- Victoria Golf Club (Lindsay Bernakevitch, Luke Bernakevitch, Kazuma Sawai, Daniel Bennett)
- Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club (Jackson Redmond, Judd Beron, Jake Gaglardi, Charlie McConville)
- Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club (Michelle Waters, Jacob Knoblauch, Forrest Van Alstine, Troy Gadalla)
- Myrtle Point Golf Club (Ryan Brown, TBA, TBA, TBA)
- Seymour Golf & Country Club (Colin Lavers, Ethan Soon, Michael French, TBA)
- Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club (Chris Karmal, Mackenzie Bickel, Elise Lau, Jeanne Jiang)
- Storey Creek Golf Club (Steven MacPherson, Dana Smith, Rachelle Wade, MacKinley Whalen)
- Glacier Greens Golf Course (Brian Wise, Nolan Phoenix, Ryan Stoltz, Ethan Maclean)
- Osoyoos Golf Club (Todd Tweedy, Alex Bunner, Armaan Deol, Tyler Seminoff)
- Kelowna Golf & Country Club (Jonathan Hopfner, TBA, TBA, TBA)