5133 Springs Boulevard
AVAILABLE PDP POINTS:
8 Points per day, 16 Points total
*Points only available for those members who are active
PGA of BC Members: $139 + GST
Non-Members*: $239 + GST *Please note: Guests must be sponsored by an attending PGA of BC Class "A" Member
Jan. 27, 2022 - 4:00pm
No refunds will be allowed after the registration deadline
Business Formal (See here for detailed description)
DAY 1 - MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6
9:45 a.m. - Introductory remarks
10:00 a.m. – Scott Cowx: The Pulpit Club, PGA of Canada
11:30 p.m. – Lunch
12:30 p.m. – Ryan Holley & Matt Palsenbarg; Ground Interaction Consultant, PGA of Canada & Point Grey Golf & Country Club, PGA of Canada
2:00 p.m. - Rory Sweeney; Head Golf Professional, Los Angeles Country Club
3:00 p.m. - Alex Hodgins; Mental Performance Coach, Vancouver Whitecaps/Vancouver Canucks/Canada SkiCross
4:00 p.m. – PGA of British Columbia Annual General Meeting
DAY 2 - TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7
9:00 a.m. – Jennifer Jones & Brent Laing; World Champion Curlers
10:00 a.m. - Jen Clyde & Michelle Money; Fore All, A modern women's golf brand
11:00 p.m. - Zach Parker & Iain Highfield; Zach Parker Golf & KOHR Golf
12:00 p.m. - Lunch
1:00 p.m. - Zach Parker & Iain Highfield (continued)
2:00 p.m. - Joe Roberts; Skid Row Ceo
3:30 p.m. - Closing remarks
*schedule and speakers subject to change
DAY 1 SPEAKERS:
Scott Cowx; The Pulpit Club, PGA of Canada
TOPICS: "Swing Mechanics and Business Development"
BIO: Scott's continued work with PGA Tour Professionals and Canada's top ranked Amateurs, as well as his research into motor skill development and implementation at the highest levels, has brought Cowx international attention. Cowx combines cutting edge technology with precise swing geometry, efficient biomechanics and maximizing human physiology to everyone’s needs and capabilities.
Ryan Holley; Ground Interaction Consultant, PGA of Canada
TOPIC: "Addressing Common Faults Through Ground Interaction"
Ground Reaction Forces are a hot topic in the world of golf. Using SwingCatalyst Dual Force and Pressure Plates Ryan will show what common mistakes we can correct through some applied ground interaction and discuss what forces are required to create maximum speed for athletes.
BIO: A relatively new transplant to British Columbia, Ryan is a long standing PGA of Canada Professional who runs a consulting business focusing on how players interact with the ground. Ryan’s extensive background with technology allows him to measure swings and offer objective and accurate information about why players move and behave the way they do. He believes that every coach should have the ability to have this information when working with players and aims to make it available to all who see value in it.
Matt Palsenbarg: Point Grey Golf & Country Club, PGA of Canada
Rory Sweeney; Head Golf Professional, Los Angeles Country Club
TOPIC: ""From Portmarnock to the US Open: A Journey in Leadership and Club Operations""
This presentation will cover the Rory's career journey from working at Portmarnock Golf Club to his current position at The Los Angeles Country Club. The presentation will delve into the Rory's leadership style and his definition of what makes a great leader. The importance of recruitment and hiring will also be discussed, as well as the daily operations and procedures at The Los Angeles Country Club. Including merchandizing and the service provided to members and guests, and provide information on the Assistant and Apprentice Professional Programs offered by the club. Finally, the Rory will discuss the preparations and set up for the US Open.
Rory Sweeney joined our Los Angeles Country Club team in 2018 after working at Portmarnock Golf Club in Dublin, Ireland. Rory was born and raised in a small town called Clifden on the west coast of Ireland. He graduated from the University of Birmingham with a degree in sports science and business finance. Rory then attended the Belfry, completing his class A certification to become a professional golfer’s association member. Rory worked as an assistant golf professional for nine years at Portmarnock Golf Club before moving to California. Rory has worked as an assistant golf professional under Tom Gardner for three years before becoming the Head Golf Professional.
Alex Hodgins; Mental Performance Coach, Vancouver Whitecaps/Vancouver Canucks/Canada SkiCross
TOPIC: "Mastering the Mental Game"
Mastering one's mind is the key to unlocking our best, whether that is our own performances or the development and performance of those we work with. Alex will share ideas and practical skills that have allowed some of the world's elite competitors to thrive in high pressure performance environments and how this might apply to your personal and professional life. He will share examples from his time working with Canada's Women's National Soccer Team across two Olympic cycles, his work with professional sports teams, as well as his time working with corporate leaders. There will be something for everyone in the audience, regardless of what position you hold in your career.
BIO: Alex Hodgins is a highly accomplished mental performance coach with a specialization in both individual and team performance, as well as leadership and culture development. He was the mental performance coach for the Canadian Women’s Soccer Team who captured bronze (2016) and gold (2020) at the Olympic Games. He now works with the Vancouver Canucks and Vancouver Whitecaps, as well as two other Canadian Olympic programs. Alex helps teams create winning cultures and he coaches athletes to play with clear intentions and confident minds. He utilizes advanced techniques like biofeedback, mindfulness and pressure management strategies to deliver consistent performances under the most challenging situations. His calm demeanor and his natural teaching abilities has benefited some of the most talented athletes across the country. He is a lifelong learner, pursuing personal and professional growth everyday. Alex resides in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
DAY 2 SPEAKERS:
Jennifer Jones & Brent Laing; World Champion Curlers
TOPIC: "Peak Performance and Goal Setting with Jennifer Jones and Brent Laing"
Join us for a morning with Olympian's, Jennifer Jones and Brent Laing, two of curing's all time greats! They will share some stories from their curling careers and speak to what it takes to be truly world class in any endeavour and also touch on how they have achieved so much in their curling careers, while also raising a family and living their best life!
Jennifer Jones BIO:
Jennifer Jones is a world-renowned curler and athlete who has made a name for herself in the sports world. With six Scotties Tournament of Hearts titles and two World Championship wins under her belt, Jones is a force to be reckoned with on the ice. In 2014, she cemented her place in history by winning the Olympic gold medal at the Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
In addition to her athletic accomplishments, Jones is also a highly accomplished corporate lawyer and motivational speaker. She has been voted Canada's Best Female Curler of All Time, and her dedication to her sport and her work has inspired countless people around the world. Whether she's competing on the ice or working on a legal case, Jones is a true trailblazer and role model for aspiring athletes and professionals everywhere.
Brent Laing BIO:
Brent Laing is a world-renowned curler and entrepreneur with an impressive list of achievements. He is a 3-time Brier Champion, having won the Canadian men's national curling championship in 2009, 2012, and 2018. In addition to his Brier titles, Laing is also a 3-time World Champion, having won the World Men's Curling Championship in 2009, 2012, and 2017. He has represented Canada at the Olympics, competing in the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.
In addition to his success on the ice, Laing is also a 16-time Grand Slam Champion, having won numerous major curling tournaments throughout his career. Outside of curling, Laing is also an entrepreneur and the founder of Legacy Leadership, a company that helps organizations develop leadership skills through corporate training programs. He is also a motivational speaker, using his experiences as a world-class athlete and business leader to inspire and motivate others.
Jen Clyde & Michelle Money; Fore All, A modern women's golf brand
TOPIC: "Fore Real with Fore All: Modernize Your Marketing to Reach an Untapped Audience"
Jen Clyde and Michelle Money accidentally sparked a fire in 2021 when they posted an Instagram story about golfing that went viral. Little did they know, they were curating the beginnings of what would become an inclusive community and movement for women in golf. Hear from these Co-founders, two years later, on their experience developing a brand, building community, producing a full women’s line of golf apparel and products, and their actionable tips for optimizing your online and in-store presence.
Jen Clyde, Co-Founder & CEO
Michelle Money, Co-Founder
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Zach Parker & Iain Highfield; Zach Parker Golf & KOHR Golf
TOPIC: "Effective Coaching Strategies"
How to create positive and lasting change in mindsets and movements.
Iain HIghfield BIO: Iain Highfield is a passionate and professional Mental Performance Coach with over 10 years of experience in the field. He has gained expertise from studying, playing, and working within various sports institutions and facilities, and has a wealth of knowledge to share with his clients. Highfield is known for his ability to educate and inspire people of all ages, including children, professional athletes, and businesspeople. He is a world leader in performance improvement, using his expertise to create effective training environments that lead to higher skill retention and increased transfer of skill. In addition to his work as a coach, Highfield is also a grateful individual who loves to share his knowledge and passion with others. He is dedicated to helping his clients strive towards their goals and create positive change in their lives. Highfield has an extensive coaching background in golf, and has worked with elite juniors, college players, international athletes, and professionals on the European Tour and PLGA Tour. He is highly respected in the golf community for his ability to help his clients reach their full potential.
Zach Parker BIO: Zach Parker has spent the past decade obsessed with understanding human performance, both on and off the golf course. Through his research and experience, he has come to realize that a learning mindset is critical to success, and that this mindset is a by-product of the environment. As a coach, Parker is dedicated to helping golfers, coaches, and parents shatter any limiting beliefs and cultivate an optimal environment for growth and development. He is passionate about using his expertise to help his clients reach their full potential and achieve success on the course.
Joe Roberts; Skid Row Ceo
TOPIC: From Skid Row to CEO, How to Build Resiliency One Step at a Time
In this keynote, Joe teaches how to build the resiliency needed to overcome life’s challenges and embrace change. As you walk with Joe through the tough streets of East Vancouver in the 1980’s, you will experience the depths and degradation of a former hopeless, homeless drug addict, to the heights and triumph of a successful entrepreneur. Using a research based behavioural change model, participants will evaluate their current state of resiliency and learn how to crush unproductive habits while developing a high-performance mindset. Participants leave with tools they can use immediately to create their own inspired results. Joe’s is a treasured Canadian whose life story embodies the resiliency of the human spirit. His message is inspiring, energetic, humorous, honest, raw and unforgettable.
In this session you will learn;
• How to build resiliency despite the world around you
• Applying the A.I.R. Model for behavioural change
• Why failure is predictable and normal
• Seeing possibility – how to reframe a limiting mindset
• How to convert failures into assets
• The 3 most important things to know about engaging people
BIO: Joe Roberts aka The Skidrow CEO is an expert on resiliency and change. Having experienced both catastrophic failure and extraordinary success Joe teaches how to overcome the roadblocks that get in the way of high performance. He helps companies and individuals redefine what’s truly possible by confronting limiting mindsets. Participants at Joes’ events leave inspired and moved to action. What is most amazing about Joe is that in 1989 he was living on the streets of Vancouver as a homeless skid row addict. Through perseverance, determination and his resilient human spirit, Joe pulled himself out of darkness and despair, to become a highly respected business and community leader.
Our Preferred Partners at the Accent Inn Vancouver Airport are the official accommodation provider for this event.
Discounted pricing is available when booking using the online promo code: PGABC
Vancouver Airport Hotel - Accent Inns
- Jon Kadin, Nielsen Agencies Ltd.
- Mark Lindsay, Nielsen Agencies Ltd.
- Mark Ludeman, Burnaby Mountain Golf Course
- Jeff Buder, University Golf Club
- Cindy Soukoroff, St. Eugene Golf Resort
- Mike Vanderwolf, McCleery Golf Course
- Padraic O'Rourke, Marine Drive Golf Club
- Matthew Steinbach, Simon Fraser University
- Bradley Gagnon, The Springs at Radium
- Salimah Mussani, Golf Canada
- Patrick Lago, Lago Golf Academy
- Corey Renfrew, Modern Golf Vancouver
- Russell Day, The Rise Golf Course
- Mike Van Horne, The Rise Golf Course
- Kyla Inaba, Predator Ridge Resort
- Ashley Zibrik, Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club
- Vaughn Marshall, Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club
- Branden Stewart, Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club
- Chris Ward, Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club
- Michelle Waters, Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club
- Zach Pichor, Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club
- Bryan Lichimo, Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club
- Carson Kallis, Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club
- Tim Wilson, Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club
- Alec Hubert, Kamloops Golf & Country Club
- Andrew Bentley, Kamloops Golf & Country Club
- Kat Kennedy, Simon Fraser University
- Cailean Hourigan, Victoria Golf Club
- Derek Orr, Iron & Wood Golf Simulators
- Ryan Tofani, Chilliwack Golf Club
- Axle Riley, Ardmore Golf Course
- Blake Hamilton, Ardmore Golf Course
- Clint Foley, Marine Drive Golf Club
- Nicassio Amoranto, Marine Drive Golf Club
- Nico Addessi, Marine Drive Golf Club
- Callum Ashby, Highland Pacific Golf
- Doug Morgan, Richmond Country Club
- Doug Hastie, Golf Canada
- Gordy Scutt, Victoria Golf Club
- Gina Hosie, Victoria Golf Club
- Tyson Giradet, Victoria Golf Club
- Lindsay Bernakevitch, Victoria Golf Club
- Isaac Morris, Victoria Golf Club
- Tyler McKay, British Columbia Golf
- Andrew Hajer, Arbutus Ridge Golf Course
- Michael Grabowski, The Vancouver Golf Club
- John Vu, Quilchena Golf & Country Club
- Brian McDonald, Fairview Mountain Golf Club
- Dave Munn, Shuswap National
- Brody St-Martin, Shuswap National
- Austin Bosquet, Shuswap National
- Jordan Rourke, The Vancouver Golf Club
- Jeff Debou, Seymour Creek Golf Centre
- Steven MacPherson, Storey Creek Golf Club
- Rachel Wiebe, The Vancouver Golf Club
- Norm Baufeld, GOLFTEC Vancouver
- Lee J.H. Lee, Hazelmere Golf & Tennis Club
- Adam Blair, Vernon Golf & Country Club
- Mark Strong, Sagebrush Golf Club
- Mark Bicknell, Gorge Vale Golf Club
- Rob Tadey, Fairview Mountain Golf Club
- Adrien Wright, Morningstar Golf Club
- Dale Schienbein, Seymour Golf & Country Club
- Cari Chow, Cari Chow Golf
- Shania Remandaban, The Vancouver Golf Club
- Lenny Cyr, Seymour Golf & Country Club
- Jake Scarrow, Gorge Vale Golf Club
- Greg Pool, Northview Golf & Country Club
- Clay O'Dell, Northview Golf & Country Club
- Daniel Yoon, Richmond Country Club
- Winnie Yun, Lago Golf Academy
- Wes Doka, Pitt Meadows Golf Club
- Jeff McDowall, Pitt Meadows Golf Club
- Hannah Lee, Pitt Meadows Golf Club
- Bradford Walterhouse, BWC
- Deneb Rondinone, Tsawwassen Springs Golf
- Jeff Palmer, Highland Pacific Golf
- Mark Valliere, Glacier Greens Golf Club
- Courtney Campbell - Leveck, Gleneagles Golf Course
- Kevin Stinson, Cheam Mountain Golf Course
- Mason Lafrance, Langara Golf Course
- Jonnie Motomochi, Morgan Creek Golf Course
- Jim Pringle, Sunshine Coast Golf & Country Club
- Theodore Tanski, Northview Golf & Country Club
- Mark Thirtle, Capilano Golf & Country Club
- Todd Kuspira, Marine Drive Golf Club
- Jason Jurimae, Kelowna Golf & Country Club
- Chad Selk, Kelowna Golf & Country Club
- Joel Aitken, Kelowna Golf & Country Club
- Graham Ogden, Richmond Country Club
- Russ Latimer, Black Mountain Golf Club
- Colin Bykowski, Elite Golf Club
- Brian Schaal, Copper Point Golf Club
- Dale Moore, Copper Point Golf Club
- Sean Thompson, The Vancouver Golf Club
- Mike Haraguchi, Capilano Golf & Country Club
- Drew Scollon, Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Clay Madden, Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Killian Cullen, Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Matt Palsenbarg, Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Josh Legge, Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Steven Hayes, Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Jacob Vanderpass, Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Stephanie Wong, Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Clark Macpherson, Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Dave Zibrik, Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Nathan Leonhardt, ParTee Golf
- Roy Abbenbroek, Seymour Golf & Country Club
- Devin Cutforth, Chilliwack Golf Club
- Matthew Bartholomew, GOLFTEC Vancouver Terminal Ave.
- Lindy Miyashiro, Seymour Golf & Country Club
- Nathan Grieve, Talking Rock Golf Course
- Jeff Liddle, Talking Rock Golf Course
- Lionel Taylor, Talking Rock Golf Course
- Brian O'Keefe, Talking Rock Golf Course
- Curtis Cowx, Northview Golf & Country Club
- Luke Bogdan, Cheam Mountain Golf Course
- Chris Wilson, Nanaimo Golf Club
- Christine Wong, University Golf Club
- Brad Clapp, Ledgeview Golf Club
- Arlen Wocknitz, Victoria Golf Club
- John Shin, Northview Golf & Country Club
- Don Brett-Davies, GOLFTEC North Vancouver
- Jaegan Patron, The Vancouver Golf Club
- Tyler Roope, Langley Golf Academy
- Simon Hassel, Highland Pacific Golf
- Bruce Vermee, The Harvest Golf Club
- Evan Dyki, Royal Colwood Golf Club
- Mewail Kidane, Pacific Golf Academy
- Sergej Dronov, Pacific Golf Academy
- Danny Long, Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Club
- Christopher MacDonald, University Golf Club
- John Randle, Morningstar Golf Club
- Keri Moffat, Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club
- Colin Lavers, Seymour Golf & Country Club
- Mike Cyndroski, Richmond Country Club
- Aaron Grice, Gorge Vale Golf Club
- Derek Whipple, Acushnet Canada
- Michelle McCann, Uplands Golf Club
- Dan Naismith, Northview Golf & Country Club
- Sean Hay, Uplands Golf Club
- Jordan Murphy, Bear Mountain Golf Resort
- Matt Steger, Tsawwassen Springs Golf
- Wes Driessen, Rivershore Golf Links
- Scott Kolb, VB Golf
- Kirk Chen, GOLFTEC Coquitlam
- Nickolas Crookall, Glacier Greens Golf Club
- Connor Rosenlund, Seymour Golf & Country Club
- Lindsay Manion, Unaffiliated
- Jamie Stirling, GOLFTEC Coquitlam
- Robert Duncan, Strictly Golf
- Mike Ryan, Strictly Golf
- Cameron Code, Kamloops Golf & Country Club
- Derek Thornley, Fraserview Golf Academy
- Matt Sutherland, Marine Drive Golf Club
- Carson Spooner, Westwood Plateau Golf & Country Club
- Patrick Ericson, Valley Golf Centre
- Wayne Hahn, Valley Golf Centre
- Shingo Akizuki, Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club
- Mark Kuhn, GOLFTEC South Surrey
- Brady Stead, Ledgeview Golf Club
- Tyler Robertson, Olympic View Golf Club
- Luke McKenzie, Eaglequest Golf Centre Coquitlam
- Joel Aitken, Kelowna Golf & Country Club
- Scott Rodgers, Morgan Creek Golf Course
- Bruno Vieira, Tsawwassen Springs Golf