JANUARY 3, 2023
The PGA of BC Board of Directors invites qualified members interested in serving on the Board of Directors to submit their names to run in this month's upcoming election for open positions.
In the coming vote, there will be four (4) vacant positions on the Board. Each member elected will serve a two-year term. Due to the Board's current composition, at least one of the directors elected must be a representative of the Vancouver Island region.
All candidates must be Class "A" Professionals who are members in good standing with the PGA of Canada to be eligible to run in the election.
Requirements for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Attending four (4) PGA of BC Board of Directors meetings per year
- Attendance at the PGA of BC Annual General Meeting (Feb. 6, 2023)
- Attendance at the PGA of BC Board Orientation Meeting (mid-to-late February 2023)
Expectations for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Participation in one (1) PGA of BC Tournament or more
- Attendance at the PGA of BC Spring Education Seminar
- Attendance at one (1) Education Series event or more
- Attendance at the PGA of BC Buying Show
- Maintaining position as a Top 100 Golf Professional
Qualifications of New Directors:
- Commitment to improving the Association and to the PGA of BC mission statement: "Our mission is to advance the game and business of golf for the benefit of our members and for the people of British Columbia; and to actively promote enjoyment, participation and improvement in the game of golf."
- Propensity to think in terms of systems and context (big-picture vision, speak with one voice, Board holism)
- Ability to lead an assigned portfolio
- Ability and eagerness to deal with values, vision and long-term direction
- Ability to participate assertively in discussion and deliberation
- Willingness to delegate and allow others to make decisions
- Give back to your Association through leadership and participation
- Work with highly motivated Administration Team, Directors & Committees in helping shape our Association's future
- Become familiar with industry and membership issues on a Zone and National level
- Board meeting expenses are reimbursed for Directors
Candidates will be asked to submit a brief biography and write-up detailing why they feel they are most qualified for a position on the PGA of BC Board of Directors. Submissions may not exceed 200 words and may not include any supplementary documents or files -- these are firm requirements that will be strictly enforced.
Candidates' submissions will be made available online to voting members on the election ballot. Please note that each candidate's Professional Development Program point total and ranking in the PDP Order of Merit will be included with their personal info on the ballot.
To submit your name for consideration, please send an email with your written submission no later than Friday, Jan. 13 at 4 p.m. PT to me at Jared@pgabc.org. Confirmation will be sent to candidates upon receipt of application.
Once a list of candidates has been compiled, the membership will have an opportunity to vote in the online election. The voting period will run from Jan. 16-20. Due to regional quota considerations, the Vancouver Island-based candidate receiving the most votes will be guaranteed one of the open positions regardless of their finish in the overall vote totals.