MAY 4, 2022
The PGA of British Columbia has an opening for a self-motivated, team-oriented candidate to join the Association’s administration team as Programs Manager on a full-time basis.
The PGA of British Columbia is a not-for-profit Association consisting of over 700 Golf Professionals who serve and operate nearly 200 golf facilities throughout the province of British Columbia. The Association’s administration office is located in Richmond, BC.
This position is ideal for a candidate looking to take a unique step in learning about various programs and events in the golf industry. Qualifications, Core duties and responsibilities of the position are as follows:
The ideal candidate will have completed relevant education or possess experience in program or event management. They must be organized and detail-oriented with excellent communication skills, problem-solving abilities, a positive attitude, and effective self-management capabilities. Candidates must be comfortable dispensing friendly, accurate, and professional guest service.
Experience within the golf industry and/or general golf knowledge is a strong asset but not required. Most importantly, the PGA of British Columbia looking for an individual who will best fit our team dynamic and continue to grow with the Association.
Candidates must be well-versed in Microsoft Office as well as general website content management abilities. The successful candidate will ideally hold a valid BC Driver’s Class 5 License and have access to reliable transportation. Applicants are advised that many Association events may take place at various locations throughout the year and as such, some evening and weekend work will be required. This position will be based in Richmond, BC.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall operational execution of Association program, including but not limited to Canucks Junior Golf Week, Awards Program, Professional Development Program (PDP), Buying Show, Consumer Shows, Education platforms, and assistance with Tournaments and Playing Ability Tests.
- Working closely with program partners while sourcing other partners and in analyzing potential strategic partnerships
- Liaising with the PGA of Canada National Office to ensure consistency within programs
- Assist with media inquiries regarding Association events and initiatives, responding to media inquiries/requests and soliciting coverage in target markets
- Maintenance, supervision and updating of the Program pages Association’s website
- Active communication at Association events and program, including on-site photography and writing event recap
- Leading Internal Communication efforts for entirety of Association membership with updates and information on matters and initiatives of relevance to all Golf Professionals in collaboration with fellow administration team members
- Recruits and trains volunteers as needed for programs and events
- Orders signage and event/program collateral as required
- Management of Association’s internal and external media libraries
- Planning and implementing promotional campaigns
ADMINISTRATION & OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with Association administration staff to provide first-class service
- Provide administrative assistance to Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Assist administration in the implementation of Association policies, programs, and procedures
- Office equipment maintenance
- Answering general telephone inquiries made to administration office
- Providing general membership services to Association members
- Overnight travel to events outside the Greater Vancouver area will be required
- Both outside and inside work required
- Some heavy lifting will be required
- Required to work weekends, evenings, and holidays when necessary
- Required office hours are 8:00am – 4:00pm., Monday to Friday
- The Programs Manager will be responsible for any additional duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Director
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Remuneration of $50,000 per year
- Extended Heath and Dental Benefits as determined by the Association’s Group Policy following 90-day probationary period
- Two weeks (10 days) paid vacation, plus paid time off during holiday office closure in late December/early January
- Basic cellular phone allowance
- Professional-development allowance
- Potential for year-end performance bonus
- Annual PGA of Canada Membership dues (if applicable)
Applications will be accepted until Friday May 20, 2022. Candidates may apply by mail or email to:
PGA of British Columbia
243-7080 River Road
The PGA of British Columbia is an equal-opportunity employer. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply; however, our positions are restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.