Brian McDonald & Rob Tadey (Fairview Mountain Golf Club)
2020 PGA of BC Pro-Assistant Champions
Dan Matheson, Executive Professional
Lee Ranger, Head Professional
phone: (250) 765-5955
Early registration discount: $460
Please note: The early registration rate will remain in effect this year until the registration deadline.
*price includes two-day Skins Game ($20/day). Skins tallied after each round and paid out after the event
Registration Deadline: June 26 @ 4:00 p.m. PT
PDP POINTS AVAILABLE
Golf Casual; shorts permitted for practice & competition rounds
Two-person team to consist of one Head, Executive or Head Teaching Professional and one Assistant Professional from the same facility. A Head Professional and an Executive Professional may play on the same team, but two Assistant Professionals may not form a team. Two Head Professionals from different facilities will not be allowed to participate as they have been in previous years.
The Pro-Assistant Championship is a 36-hole competition.
Round 1 - The Bear: will be a Best-Ball format. Each member of each team plays their own ball on every hole. At the completion of the hole, the lowest score among team members serves as the team score.
Round 2 - The Quail: will be a Scramble format. Both players hit tee shots, pick the best shot, and then both players hit again-continuing this process until the ball is holed out.
Scorecards should be returned to the PGA of BC immediately after completion of play. In the event of a tie, a sudden death playoff will commence immediately and will be in an Alternate Shot format.
DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES
The use of electronic distance measuring devices is permitted in PGA of BC events. Those devices capable of measuring distance ONLY will be permitted. Devices capable of measuring other factors, such as elevation change, must be turned off.
CHAMPIONSHIP DINNER AND AWARDS
Due to current public-health circumstances, there will be no formal gatherings taking place following either round as in past years. A small prize presentation will take place following Round 2, but there will be no performance-based attendance requirements aside from the winning team's post-event obligations.
Day 1 (Best Ball) – The Bear, 12:33pm first tee time.
Day 2 (Scramble) – The Quail, 8:00am first tee time.
SKINS & DEUCE POT
Built into the event entry fee is $20/day towards Skins. As such, the Skins Pot will be $580 for each round of competition.
Local participants must play practice round a week prior to the event, to book a practice round contact The Okanangan Golf Club's Proshop.
REGISTRATION & SCORING AREA
Scorecards will still be required, but competitors will not be required to sign their own scorecard upon completion of play round. Confirmation of scores will be conducted verbally with a member of the tournament committee at the scoring area with safety measures. Only the Club Professional from each team will be permitted in the scoring area. No scoresheets will be available on site, but scoring can be found at the following link: https://www.impacttsonline.com/online/publish/pgaofbc/2020/Tournament-ed7a5e7c-b29b-4e88-bada-2ffc8785826a.html
The use of a power cart is REQUIRED at the Pro-Assistant Championship. Team members may request individual carts in the interest of physical distancing.
A small prize presentation will take place following Round 2, but there will be no performance-based attendance requirements aside from the winning team's post-event obligations.
Visit www.accentinns.com and enter 'PGABC' as the Promo Code to receive the preferred rate.
- Ryan Tofani & Connor O'Dell, Chilliwack Golf Club
- Randall Smith & Michael Grabowski, The Vancouver Golf Club
- Alec Hubert & Ian Henson, Kamloops Golf & Country Club
- Chad Scott & Michael Van Horne, The Rise Golf Course
- Miles Palahniuk & Keith Martin, Tower Ranch Golf & Country Club
- Dean Jackson & Chance Beardsworth, Revelstoke Golf Club
- Brian McDonald & Rob Tadey, Fairview Mountain Golf Club
- Bruce Vermee & Jason Mckinlay, The Harvest Golf Club
- Scott McClain & Dale Moore, Copper Point Golf Club
- Jesse Crowe & Kevin Geistlinger, Salmon Arm Golf Club
- Greg Pool & Quinn Vilneff, Northview Golf & Country Club
- Dave Munn & Brody St-Martin, Shuswap National
- James Presnail & Mark Kitts, Shadow Ridge Golf Club
- Padraic O'Rourke & Mike Nedoszytko, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Club
- Brian Schaal & Dennis Bradley, Copper Point Golf Club
- Andrew Smart & Binupa Wijesinghe, Nicklaus North Golf Course
- Adam Blair & Nathan Grieve, Talking Rock Golf Course
- Lee Ranger & Clay Stothers, The Okanagan Golf Club
- Russ Latimer & Tyrel Griffith, Black Mountain Golf Club
- Lee Alarie & Jason Jurimae, Gallagher's Canyon Golf Club
- Guy Dow & Kris Paul-Clark, Penticton Golf & Country Club
- Mike Cyndroski & Robbie Woods, Richmond Country Club
- Mike Loewen & Cody Bell, Sunset Ranch Golf Course
- Brian Coe & Tony Rommel, Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club
- Peter Hopley & Ethan Danish, Gallagher's Canyon Golf Club
- Rob Anderson & Jamie Stevens, Kelowna Golf & Country Club
- Lindsay Bernakevitch & Mark Bicknell, Victoria Golf Club
- Scott Kolb & Gordy Scutt, Victoria Golf Club
- Ashley Zibrik & Zach Belitsky, Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club