4300 SW Marine Drive
Eli Greene, Kirit Lalh, Sasha Farenholtz and Chris Martens (Nanaimo Golf Club)
2018 Jack McLaughlin Memorial PGA of BC Pro-Junior Champions
Registration for this event is now Full. Please contact email@example.com to inquire about the waiting list
July 13th, 2018
Professional Purse: $4,000.00
Amateur Prizes: $10,000.00
PDP POINTS AVAILABLE
Golf Casual See here for detailed description.
The Jack McLaughlin Memorial PGA of BC Pro-Junior Championship is an 18-hole Two Net Best-Ball Event.
Maximum handicap factor for Female Competitors - 40.4
Maximum handicap factor for Male Competitors - 36.4
*Scoring will be based off of 80% of converted course handicap
The Tournament draw and starting hole assignments for this event has now been posted. Please click here to view. Note that as amendments tend to occur, this draw is subject to change without notice.
Caddies for this event will not be permitted. Spectators are welcome to attend and follow groups so long as they do not interfere with the course of play. Power Carts will not be permitted for players or spectators (motorized pull/push carts will be permitted). It is important to note that all patrons arriving at Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club must abide by the Club’s guest policies, including dress code and cell phone policies (no denim, cargo shorts, silent cell phone communication only, etc.). Please click here to view the Club’s policies.
COURSE SLOPE & RATING
DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES
In this competition, a player may obtain distance information by use of a distance-measuring device. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his/her play (e.g. elevation changes, wind speed, etc.) the player is in breach of Rule 14-3. First breach of Rule 14-3 is a two stroke penalty, any subsequent breach is disqualification.
Due to various limitations, please be aware that practice rounds for teams will not be available for this event.
REGISTRATION & SCORING AREA
Upon arrival please proceed to registration. At this time, please hand in any unsubmitted Waivers and pick up tee gift from our presenting sponsor COBRA PUMA Golf Canada. Immediately upon your return to the Clubhouse, please hand in your scorecard to Russell. It is imporant to note that you are only responsible for marking GROSS scores on the scorecard. Our scoring system will determine the proper NET scores.
The use of power carts is NOT PERMITTED at the Pro-Junior Championship. Medical exemptions ONLY
Following play on Monday an awards reception and presentation will be held in the Shaughnessy clubhouse. Attendance is required until the awards presentation has concluded.
Teams requiring ferry travel to compete in the Jack McLaughlin Memorial PGA of BC Pro-Junior Championship presented by COBRA PUMA Golf Canada are welcome to apply for passenger vouchers through the BC Ferries Sport Experience Program administered by viaSport British Columbia.
As this event is recognized as a provincial championship, participating junior athletes and their Golf Professional are each eligible for up to two one-way passenger vouchers for subsidized travel to and from the tournament.
Applications for vouchers must be made a minimum of 12 business days in advance of the first day of travel. We recommend that teams travelling to Vancouver for the tournament using BC Ferries service make their application as soon as possible, but no later than July 4 to ensure their application is considered, assuming departure for Vancouver will take place on July 21 or July 22. Teams intending to travel earlier than July 21 should adjust the application deadline accordingly.
Only one application for vouchers should be submitted per golf facility, regardless of the number of teams representing that facility. Vouchers awarded through the program will be delivered by email and must be printed in advance for presentation at the ticket window; they will not be accepted if presented on an electronic device.
Please visit https://www.viasport.ca/grant/bc-ferries-sport-experience-program for full details on the BC Ferries Sport Experience Program, and to submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” on the right side of the page.
Should you have any questions about the program or specific info to include on your application form, please contact PGA of BC Communications & Marketing Manager Eric MacKenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone (604) 273-3311
PGA of BC members are encouraged to take advantage of the Accent Inn hospitality by using the promo code ‘PGABC’ when making their next booking.
- Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club (Branden Stewart)
- Mountain View Golf Club (Vince Trama)
- Pacific Golf Academy Richmond (Richard Choi)
- Nanaimo Golf Club (Chris Martens)
- Cordova Bay Golf Course (Jim Goddard)
- Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club (Chris Karmal)
- Richmond Country Club (Dan Yoon)
- Ledgeview Golf Club (Luke Bogdan)
- Chilliwack Golf Club (Brad Clapp)
- McCleery Golf Course (Tom Flockhart)
- The Redwoods Golf Course (Scott Cameron)
- Salmon Arm Golf Club (Jesse Crowe)
- Squamish Valley Golf & Country Club (Courtney Campbell-Leveck)
- Seymour Golf & Country Club (Colin Lavers)
- The Redwoods Golf Course (David Park)
- Seymour Golf & Country Club (Lindy Miyashiro)
- Northview Golf Academy (John Shin)
- Beach Grove Golf Club (Jordan Rodda)
- Meadow Gardens Golf Club (Michael Caan)
- Kelowna Golf & Country Club (Jaime Stevens)
- Quilchena Golf & Country Club (John Vu)
- Highland Pacific Golf (Callum Ashby)
- Point Grey Golf & Country Club (Clark MacPherson)
- Point Grey Golf & Country Club (Stephanie Wong)
- Point Grey Golf & Country Club (Jared Siminoff)
- Northview Golf Academy (Matthew Palsenbarg)
- Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club (Tim Wilson)
- Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club (Zach Belitsky)
- Capliano Golf & Country Club (David Stashuk)
- Rivershore Golf Links (Gord Butt)
- Morgan Creek Golf Course (Scott Rodgers)
- The Vancouver Golf Club (Mike Heenan)
This event is now full